Dates: April 6, 8, 10, 11, and 13, 2020— 8:30am to 5:30pm
Location: Good Shepherd Center, 4649 Sunnyside Ave N., Seattle, WA 98103
Learn the facilitative mediation model that will give you the foundation needed to handle conflicts between neighbors, employers-employees, merchants-consumers, landlords-tenants, plus a variety of interpersonal conflicts.
- Acquire the skills needed to become a professional facilitative mediator
- Develop expertise in the interest-based approach
- Participate in focused role playing from comprehensive case studies
- to be a neutral third party
- to manage highly charged negotiations
- to empower clients to find solutions
This 40-hour course meets the basic mediation training requirement for certification through the Washington Mediation Association.
By completing the classroom training, you qualify to apply for the DRC mentored practicum and Small Claims Court Intensive Program.
36.75 CLE credits approved for attorneys licensed in WA State, 2.00 ethics and 34.75 law and legal procedure
37.5 CEU credits approved for licensed social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists